Sunday, April 13, 2014

Spring Dreams and Aries Rhyton

Spring has come to California, and the bright green of new life is everywhere I look. This is the morning view from my studio window~
Inspired by the energy of innocence, growth, and wonder, I created my newest dreamcatcher card (I'm making one for each season) titled, "Spring Dreams"
To me, springtime reflects the process of regeneration and transformation, and also connects me to a sense of awe, beauty and gratitude for all that life is. I feel like this is the root of where the inspiration for my cards comes from~ From noticing the small beauties of the world.

I just discovered a wonderful video by time-lapse photography pioneer Louie Schwartzberg about gratitude that encapsulates these thoughts perfectly:

My full line of Easter/Spring cards are available at Good Earth Natural Foods and Riley Street Art Supply in San Rafael. You can view them all here.
I am continuing the Zodiac card series with "Aries Rhyton". A Rhyton is an ancient ceremonial drinking vessel. Read about Rhytons here.
May the brilliant, life-giving energy of Spring infuse every moment with gratitude and awe!

Love,
Tenaya




No comments: