Friday, March 20, 2015

Rites of Spring

Greetings & Happy Spring Equinox ~ 
One-of-a-kind Easter Egg cards
It's been a quite a while since I posted, and I've moved through some major rites of passage in the last few months. On February 1st I lost my beloved dad, Gerry, who passed away after an 8-year decline from Early-Onset Dementia. I inherited so many vital parts of my being from him~ A love of nature, art, music, dance and a strong desire to travel. On his birthday last year I wrote a poem that expressed my greatest wish for him~ That he could be free to roam all the places he loved, free from suffering, and to know how much he was loved~


A Gift For My Father
By Tenaya Wieczorek 10/25/14


As you near the end
This long and winding road
Your feet already off the ground
Held aloft on currents of sky
Drifting slowly upward
For eight long years
As you’ve slipped away

Still a slender thread
Holds soul to body
Soon to release
And you’ll be free to travel
To all of the places
You’ve been too trapped to go

And waiting for you on the other side
The family you’ve loved
And a parade of animals
To guide you home

We still here
Will circle around you
Holding you in our hearts
Offering up our memories of your great life

We will raise our voices and tell of your kind and gentle spirit
Stories of how you’ve touched us all
And brought us closer together~
The beauty and heartbreak of this

Gerry, your spirit is now free
And we send you to the beyond by way of
Yosemite, Great Falls, La Honda~ and all the places
You loved to roam

And when we find ourselves in nature’s green and open spaces
We will know the wonder and joy you felt
And you’ll be with us again
Gerry in Yosemite, 2006
This loss has been bearable, due in part to my new sweetie, Jennifer. We connected while dancing in October and she has brought joy, love and support to my life, especially during such a painful loss.
Jennifer & Me on Valentine's Day

Dream Speak Design cards are going strong, but I've been feeling some inner nudges to stretch my wings and explore  new creative expressions, so I just signed up for a 4-day painting workshop with the inspiring artist Flora Bowley in Portland, Oregon in June. I'm over-the-moon excited to visit Portland and splash around on a big canvas with only my intuition to guide me.

Here's some one-of-a-kind Easter cards I painted yesterday for family and friends & Easter/Spring cards are available at Good Earth Natural Foods and Riley Street Art, or from me directly. 
Thank you for your support & wishing you all the best during this time of BLOOMING!







No comments: