Thursday, January 21, 2016

A Path Emerges~

At the turning of the new year I see a path glimmering, stretching into the distance~ I'm excited to announce that I'm offering my first dream classes and workshops. Beginning on Thursday March 3rd, I am offering a Dream Salon the first Thursday of each month at a majestic private location in San Anselmo, Marin County, CA. The Dream Salon is an intimate gathering focused on sharing dreams using Active Dreaming techniques created by my teacher Robert Moss, and harvesting dream imagery and energy to guide and inspire waking life. This is the location of upcoming classes and workshops:
The Dream Salon will meet from 6:30-8:30, with a break for light refreshments and elixir drinks containing magical Al-kemi Spagyrics. We'll play Lightning Dreamwork, synchronicity games, dream theater, draw our dreams, and most importantly, devise ways to bring the messages of our dreams to waking life!

Space is limited, so if you are interested in attending, please RSVP @ dreamsthatspeak@gmail.com for details and directions. The class fee is $18~
If you would like to learn more about what I am offering, I have a new website~ www.dreamsthatspeak.com
To prepare for leading my first workshops and classes, I led a practice workshop for friends in September. We played the oracle card game, drank elixir drinks, and created collaged dream journals~ It was a wonderful chance to put the techniques I learned into practice, and see their power shine! I was struck with the depth, joy and connection in the room, and watching people discover the deeper symbolism and messages from their dreams.
Welcome Altar
Elixir Drinks
Completed Dream Journals
In April I will be offering a day-long workshop called "Dreaming for a Word of Power". Through dreams and dream journeys we will discover a word of intention for 2016 and  create a special piece of art to honor our words of intention and anchor the energy in our lives. (no art experience necessary) If this workshop interests you, please email me and I will put you on an early bird list, as space is very limited and you will be the first to know once I officially announce it~ 
Recent creations (in progress) at Bloom True part 2 in Portland
In October I got to travel back to Portland for part 2 of Flora Bowley's Bloom True workshop. I dove deep into three new canvases, this time using dream imagery for some of the compositions. One day of the workshop was my dad's birthday, and I passed around a little framed picture of him and talked about how I felt he had helped make it possible for me to be there. (I had gotten an email out of the blue from Flora's studio asking if I wanted to do a work-trade and attend the workshop) I couldn't help but feel he had a hand in orchestrating it from above~ 
 Flora and I in front of one of her paintings
As before, Flora was full of wise insight and encouragement, and I also had the chance to connect with an old acquaintance from 15 years ago, which has blossomed into a bright creative friendship. 
Migrating Monarch butterfly at Esalen
In November I was off to Esalen for a workshop with Robert Moss~ It was my first time at the renowned retreat center in Big Sur, and it didn't disappoint, with stunning ocean views, verdant gardens and migrating monarch butterflies flitting around everywhere! 
The view from my terrace
The constant crash of surf, deep starry nights, and powerful dream journeys, as well as meeting many delightful new friends made it a memorable retreat. My dream is to someday teach an art and dreaming workshop at Esalen.
Big Sur coastline
I am deeply grateful to have had these transformative experiences, and my hope is that I can bring all of this good energy to my classes and workshops. These first steps on the path are exciting and scary and powerful, and I'm honored to have you with me for the journey.

*For friends in the Bay Area, my teacher Robert Moss is leading a two-day workshop in Berkeley March 19-20. He is the real deal and an electrifying teacher. Please join me! Info is here

No comments: