Sunday, March 14, 2010

How It's Done~

I'm busy putting the finishing touches on the Dream Speak Design Spring 2010 card collection~ Here's a behind-the-scenes peek at how I create each handmade card using cut paper, metallic ink, and white gouache.


First things first~ A pot of jasmine green tea to get the creative juices flowing~



 Set the incense burning~



Some fresh flowers~



And I'm ready to go!

Step 1: Choose color palette


Step 2: Create templates



Step 3: Trace templates onto colored paper



Step 4: Apply paint 


Step 5: Cut paper and paste together


Done!

This Thursday I will be releasing the full collection of twelve cards and will have my online shop up and running~ Be sure to check back! 

Have a great week!










2 comments:

Chrism929 said...

Love the method - always start with a nice cup of tea :-D

Tenaya Amelia said...

What's your favorite tea Chris?